About BusGreaseMonkey.com

edited November 2013 in About Bus Grease Monkey
What is this place?  BusGreaseMonkey.com is a fun and informational place to discuss all aspects of bus ownership, maintenance, repair, and operation.  It is a private forum for bus enthusiasts new and experienced.  We do ask that you are respectful and open to help others.  There is no such thing as a non important question.  We want to create an atmosphere where any bus questions can be freely asked with out any fear of nasty responses.  Moderators will keep a close eye on all the posts.  Feel free to invite bus enthusiast friends for membership.  Please offer input on how to make this place better and recommend improvements that you think we should implement.  Participation from all members is strongly recommended.  Please share even the smallest details of your bus or bus experience that you think others might find helpful.  If there is a video or instructional tutorial that you would like to see created please ask, and or contribute your own. Help us make this the best bus ownership forum on the net!  

Image and video uploading should be very easy and our maximum photo file size limits are set for high resolution images and our videos are allowed up to 50mb.  Any attachments will remain private and out of the view of the general public and users are forbidden from sharing any of them outside of the forum.

When registering please use some form or part of your real name in your user name.   After registering you will receive an immediate email asking you to confirm and verify your email address.  Please click the link in that email to begin your forum acceptance.  Once the email is verified an admin will then manually review your forum registration to grant access. 

Admin Scott

1947 GMC 3751-653 Silversides

Tennessee (hickman county) 45 min SW of Nashville

Comments

• Congratulations on your new site. It is great fun seeing a site take birth and evolve into one that not only becomes the most active for a given topic, but that makes a contribution to those who seek knowledge. Best of luck.

Jon

Unemployed owner of a store bought 2006 Prevost Liberty 2 slide coach.
    I know how to grease my bus and put air in the tires.
    Knoxville, TN

• This week on the forum, I've been rebuilding a blower that had leaking seals.

Setting the fuel injector timing on an 8v71.

Today I installed and tested a home made propane injection system into a 6v71 Detroit Diesel engine. The install went into a fishbowl 1961 New Look bus.

• Here is a snap shot of a sampling of the conversations happening on the forum. And this is from a slow day.... Our forum is very active with many different discussions playing out every single day.

• Today I discussed and made a jig for testing fuel injectors for plugged nozzles.

Upgraded the stock cable throttle on a GM coach to an air throttle this week.

This week I set the timing to advanced on a 71 series 8v71 detroit and upgraded the injectors to brown tag N65 up from 50's

• This is a new addition and project bus that will be undergoing a transformation over the next year here on the forum. Lots of photos and details about the project will be documented. Sign up to follow this 1947 GM PD 3751

• Rodding out a radiator on the PD 3751